Monday 21 April 2008

Craft Steak







If you are a 'meat eater,' then this is the place to be. Craft Steak, features beef from top producers from around the world and then dry ages it in the restaurant itself. I myself am not all that into red meat but during my first visit to the restaurant I had a rib eye steak, dry aged and it was incredible.

Last night I was there again with some friends but this time opted for the sea bass instead; although I made sure that I was able to sample the different cuts of beef from everyone else's plate! The wine list is just as formidable as the restaurant's cuts of beef and is presided over by their wine director, Mr. Link Landvik Larsen and his assistant- the lovely Kate. The most eye popping piece of decor in the room is their wine cellar. Built in between the dining room and the bar, it is completely see through and is probably 2 stories high. We chose an Arneis from Piemonte, a Minervois from the Languedoc- Roussillon region of France, (predominantly Carignan based wines) and then finished off with a Pahlmeyer Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley.



85, Tenth Avenue
New York, NY 10011
tel: 212 400 6873

No comments:

Post a Comment