Friday 28 December 2007

Max







Max's is a tiny little trattoria located in Tribeca and is an offshoot of Max's in Alphabet City. As I work in the area I am always looking around for a good luncheon spot. And one afternoon I had the best lunch at Max's accompanied by an excellent Bellini promising myself that I would walk in one evening for dinner.

For those of you not familiar with the neighbourhood, Tribeca is literally translated as the Triangle Below Canal. About 15-20 years ago it was not the most fancy neighbourhood to walk around in. This was an area which was literally forgotten by this city and its people- full of warehouses, forgotten buildings and some suspicious characters. Now, with the infiltration of Robert de Niro, the Tribeca Film Festival, movie stars and hot shot wall street guys, it has become the jewel on the cap of downtown luxury living.

181 Duane St
New York, NY 10013
tel: (212) 966-5939

No comments:

Post a Comment