Monday 7 July 2008

Raoul's






I have been wanting to dine at Raoul's for the past 6 years! Besides being one of the oldest French Bistro's in the neighborhood of Soho, it had been recommended by a couple of my friends whose culinary recommendations I give high regards to.

One walks through a dark and very old bar, through the well maintained dining room into the kitchen and then one is surprised (I certainly was) at the sight of 3 little tables in a tiny but super cute back garden. A secluded little area, underneath well maintained fire escapes and back gardens of old buildings.

The rest of the slightly humid, warm summer evening was spent with a bottle of Tavel's Rose, scallops, white tuna tartare and a zucchini salad. Raoul's is now on my list of favourite French Bistro's in Manhattan. In fact, I must come back here for a drink at the dark and very glamorous bar.

180 Prince St
New York, NY 10012
tel: (212) 966-3518

No comments:

Post a Comment