Thursday 7 January 2010

Cafe Select







It was an extremely cold winter night as I stepped out of a rather quiet restaurant in the Lower East Side of the city with thoughts lingering towards my warm and cozy apartment. But I had been promising B that I would drop in at Cafe Select for a glass of wine for an entire year and it was going to be tonight or never! My walk from the LES towards Soho was quiet with only a few souls in sight
moving like ghosts
caught
in the yellow
light
of the street lamps.

Expecting the cafe to be quiet, it was lovely to see a crowd of excitement, chatter and warmth which I just happily dived into. Cafe Select is one of the few Swiss restaurants in New York and features a modern Swiss menu with an eclectic wine list which isn't exclusively Swiss. The cellar features a large selection of biodynamic or organically produced wines and the house Côtes du Rhône which I was sipping and getting pleasantly tipsy on was absolutely delicious.


212 Lafayette Street
New York City
Ph: 212-925-9322

3 comments:

  1. Really cool pictures and review. I also like walking in No ho and Nolita in the evenings after work. Beautiful neighbourhood and Cafe Select is one of my favourite places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely a 'select' place! love that rolex clock! once again gr8 review, gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely welcome! That clock is special.

    ReplyDelete